How do I upload my bank and credit card statements to Bench?
We occasionally request that you send your bookkeeper .pdf copies of your bank and credit card statements. This ensures that the data coming through our bank connection is completely accurate, and provides a physical record of all financial transactions (which keeps the IRS happy and your business safe).
Note that Statement Importer and Bank Connect features are available to most but not all financial institutions in the US. Talk to your bookkeeping advisor if you’re unsure whether your bank is on this list.
If you use online banking:
- Log in to your online banking account.
- Download the statements you need (the file will usually save in your Downloads folder).
- Log in to your Bench account.
- Go to Documents → Uploads. There are three ways to upload:
- The first option is to drag and drop the relevant .pdf anywhere onto the screen
- The second option is to click Upload Document in the upper right corner of the Upload tab, and then select the relevant .pdf files from your computer
- The third option is to email relevant .pdf files to your firstname.lastname@example.org email address (which you can in the Uploads tab)
If you don’t use online banking:
If you don’t use online banking, you can submit your bank and credit card statements by taking photos and uploading them to your Bench account.
Uploading a photo:
- Take photos of each statement and save them to your computer as .jpg files.
- Log in to your Bench account and follow step 4, as listed above.
If you have any questions about uploading statements, get in touch with your bookkeeper directly.