Does Bench work with Shopify?
Yes. As with other payment processors, Shopify withholds a fee from each transaction. These fees need to be expensed separately, as the IRS requires you report your gross sales revenue. You’ll need to upload the Payout Report from Shopify in order to make adjustments to account for the processing fees.
How to download and upload your Payout Report:
1. Log in to your Shopify account.
2. Go to Settings.
3. Go to Payments → View Payouts
4. Click Export to export a .csv file of your transactions.
5. A pop-up window will appear. Click All Payouts → CSV for Excel, Numbers and other spreadsheet programs.
6. The report will be emailed to the address connected to your login credentials.
7. After you receive the report, upload it to Bench (go to Documents → Uploads).